Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Strong and Courageous!

Be strong and courageous! That's what God told Joshua after Moses died. He didn't just tell him once either, it was three times! Kinda like when Momma use to say; 
Don't forget to look both ways. 
Please don't forget to look both ways. 
LOOK BOTH WAYS!!!! 

After that third time, you can bet you pretty well had it! That's how I picture it with God and Joshua.

Preacher man talked about how God is calling us to this way of being even today. It doesn't just happen with people that God calls into full time ministry, it  happening with all believers, sometimes we're just too busy to hear it.

I have found as I make time to be with God, my ear's somehow become tuned into what is being said in the silence. The words I read in the Bible are aimed right at me and my life! 

How does He do that? That's what people are talking about when they say The Bible is The Living Word of God. Or, Jesus, the same yesterday, today and tomorrow! 

Joshua 1:9 says; I hereby command you: Be strong and courageous; do not be frightened or dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.


The third time we are commanded to look both ways. We are also commanded to be strong and courageous, however, God goes a step further and says don't be scared, and don't be throw off balance, for I am with you!

That just fires me up! Preacher man did a mighty fine job bringing this message. Click Here and check him out!

I challenge you to first off make time in your day to hear from God. If you are already doing that, then I challenge you to stop reading so much of what other's write and see what God has written for you. Then, just sit with it. See what comes up. I'd love to hear about it!  

No comments: