Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Dragonflies!

The Dragonflies are back! This probably doesn't mean much to you, but it does to me, even though I'm not sure why it means something, but I'm sure it does. Let me splain:


When we got here last year, it was hot and dry. There hadn't been any rain in a month of Sunday's and it was around 100 degrees everyday. Being a Master Gardener, I take care of the yard, so I was watering just trying to keep up with the heat. I noticed that the dragonflies would show up in the morning and hover over my yard. I watered the yard yesterday and they showed up this morning!

Now I don't know why they hover over my yard, however, I like to think of different reasons why they're there. They are passing along blessings, protecting my house, or maybe wanting to communicate. When in reality, I'm sure they are eating some bug that needs to be eaten. 

I've been busy in the garden and the kitchen with the making of pickles. It takes a lot of time out of my day to do all this. There's the prep, the set up, then the canning followed by the cool down and clean up. Next thing I know it's afternoon. 

July has been a hard month and it's only half way done. I wonder...

No comments: