Monday, January 14, 2013

Try Hard

Do you find that you try too hard sometimes? Or are you one that finds you don't try enough, or anymore. I have to admit, after trying again and again with success down around my ankles, sometimes I find it easier to not try anymore. It get's hard coming up against walls again and again. 

Those are times when we are called to just Be for awhile. To stop and check out what's going on around us. To be present. 

Do you find that you are centered in the past or the future? I was thinking about it just this morning. I go to my past, it's what made me who I am. It's where lessons were learned or continue to be learned. I go to my future to plan and to have hope in. 

To be present, that's where I fall short. I think it's because it requires effort, and sometimes it requires a lot of it. That aside, to be present, we have to be attentive to the life we have right now, and to experience the scared and the wonder within this present moment.

I want to do less and live more. I want to look into the eye's of others and remember the color. I want to know what's important to the birds that come to my feeders, and to show people that they really can be heard.

What is sacred is what is worthy of our reverence, what evokes awe and wonder in the human heart, and what, when contemplated, transforms us utterly. -Phil Cousineau

No comments: