Tuesday, December 11, 2012

New Self?

So, is time getting away from you too, or is it just me? That's what I thought! My time away from home this past weekend, sent me into a tail spin yesterday with making list's, going to store's, the post office, starting the cooking craziness and being overall flat out stressed. Then, when I took a minute after I received a call from my Daddy, I started putting things into order in my heart. This meant pulling out a prayer that just might end up being my mantra for awhile! I'm a gona' share it with you right now!


Searching for Our Self

Good Shepherd, who finds the lost one,
the "me" I have known has disappeared.
Will I ever recover the person I have been?
Will I find who I am, and who I am becoming?

Protect me in this great vulnerability.
Assure me that I will come home to myself
even thought my "self" may be different. 
Silence my impatience. Calm my worry.
Restore my joy. Dispel my negativity.
Help me to befriend my new self with hope.



Isn't that cool? It's not a bad thing to become someone new, however, it can be scary. The more I change, the more I look back and say things like, Wait! I didn't like that about me anyway! This new joy is so much bigger than the old joy! We need to change and grow, we need to become uncomfortable with where and who we are. We need to take a deep breath, invite the Holy Spirit to come over us, and just be. I know it's hard, but if you will do it once, you will be able to do it again. The next thing you know, you are digging this new self you are becoming.

God takes us as we are, but He doesn't leave us that way. This is what is known as change! 

1 comment:

redheadbeck said...

Awesome!!!! Love you girl!