Saturday, June 30, 2012

iMac!

The iMac is set up! The iMac is set up! Let the world rejoice! Well, I'm rejoicing. Preacher man set it up for me yesterday, but I was so busy putting up corn, finding outlets, stove fans and pilot lights not working, that there wasn't enough time in the day to post anything. The morning is young, Preacher man is sleeping in, cuz Lord know's he needs it, so I thought I'd show you some cool pictures!


This was taken last Sunday after we found out we needed another truck. The UHaul is on the left and across the street is the Budget. Note to self: No more Budget! What happened last Sunday was we picked up the truck, and loaded it by noonish, drove to Sherwood, unloaded and headed back to Rogers about 7ish and got home in bed about midnight, by ourselves...just the two of us, oh and we took Gracie cuz she was acting like a freak and we thought she might eat the house if we left her there.


We spent all day Monday cleaning the house in Rogers. Moving things into the Budget that hadn't gotten in there yet and mainly prepared to head out on Tuesday morning before it got to hot. By the way, when we moved on Sunday, it was 102! 


Tuesday at about 3 in the morning, I woke up and couldn't get back to sleep, so around 5, I woke Preacher man and asked him what he was doing. I wanted to be on the road by 8 and he thought I had been smoking crack! There's no way that's going to happen! Why do you set goals that can't be attained? We pulled out of the driveway at 8:11! BAM!


This is what it looked like right before we loaded the dogs into the Ford. We are thinking about buying a big ole' trailer for our moves. On the side of the trailer I think it should say WORKMAN'S ON THE MOVE...again. The Budget's AC broke and it got up to 104 that day.


   This is the sign in front of the church! Isn't that the coolest! We got our our welcome sign!


This is what was waiting for us inside the parsonage! Yeah!! Grub!!! We also had some help unloading and by about 6 on Tuesday evening, we were home. By no means are we unpacked and ready to go! But we are here!

We are excited to see what God is going to do in this place. I think one of the reason's that the UM church moves it's Pastor's around is to bring in new life and change. Most churches don't want change, they like it just the way it is. But I think God wants something else. He wants more. He wants us to want more! The word Change scares us! We flat out don't like it! I'm starting to see that it's not so much about change as it is about growth. It's about stepping out into what God is calling you to be. It does include change, but it's more about growing into Christlikeness. I look forward to this new time. I'm ready to grow! 


No comments: