Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Long Lent!

I was looking at my calendar today and it looks like I'm busy, than openish, than the doors get blown off in June. However, I seem to be walking into this time with a little more gentleness than normal and while it's new, I like it!


I had a day of striking yesterday on the packing front! I just spent time in the back yard with Sam and did some reading. I told Preacher man I was resting and he asked, From what!? SO I'm thinking in order to keep up with my 2-3 boxes per day quota, I need to do between 10 and 15 today. Dang, how does this happen?


I wanted to share an insight I had this morning, cuz maybe it will hit you in just the right spot too. 


I am so grateful that Lent is over! I have no idea if that's the right thing to say but, Hallelujah! Amen! For me, it was one long Lent, one long walk with Jesus to the cross, and one deep place that I'm truly glad I went to. A friend on the east coast told me, One long Lent = more space and time for the desert to bloom! It's true and I love it! I believe that I did what Jesus was calling me to do this Lent. (and Sister Rachel, who got orders from St. Ignatius) It was hard at times, but being on this side of it, makes it look easier than it was.


I walking a little softer now, breathing a little deeper, and I pray, ready for the next few month. I could very easily change into my custom that you see at the top of this page, but I'm just not feeling it, so I'm not going to go there. If I pack it up today I won't be able to put it one until we get to Sherwood!


The cool thing is I feel like I'm right where I'm suppose to be, doing what I should be doing and I'm not freaking out about not having a job, or all that stuff that goes with it. 


Oh, I found this button in a drawer! It made me laugh!



No comments: