Friday, April 6, 2012

Healthy Dirt!

While I realize that today is Good Friday, I found a piece of news that I want to share today that made me smile. Girls who play in dirt grow up healthier according to researcher! I knew it!!! I also have to say that I'm glad to hear it.


I have hay fever, a little, and exercise induced asthma, other than that, I pretty dang healthy! I have noticed that tons of kids are getting autoimmune disorders and it could be because the girls aren't playing in the dirt! Click here for more! 


I've seen a picture that Daddy took of me sitting in a sand box with a hose and a worm with dirt on it in my hand, almost waiting for that first bite! When Daddy was stationed in Hawaii, and the monsoons would come we would all get out in the ditches and have a ball! Thanks to Momma for letting us play like we meant it! 


It's just sad that some many parents have their kids plugged in now a days and not out in the dirt having real fun! This is also where you learn to use your imagination and make some of the coolest friends. We didn't care what our hair looked like and if our clothes even matched. We knew how to have fun! Look at the expressions on these girls faces! Pure fun! Pure play! I bet they know how to carry on a conversation with people too! 


    

No comments: