Friday, December 16, 2011

Dead Sea

I found this today by Dr Steve Harper and wanted to share it with you cuz I think he's onto something here. Earlier this week I had the grump going on in a big way. It reached a climax last night as I talked with Preacher man and just cried. My stream had been re-routed and I didn't even know it. So today I went up stream to see what the issue might be and I think I found it. This might be something that will help you out too. It reminds me of the junk in junk out saying too. So what are you being filled with? Are you dead cuz nothing is coming out of you?

Dead Sea


The Dead Sea is drying up.  Some believe it will eventually disappear.
The problem is not in the sea itself.  It’s in the re-routing of water upstream.  It’s in decisions which have been made before the Jordan river ever makes it to the Dead Sea.
Our souls “dry up” because of decisions made “upstream.”  Every choice we make determines whether the Water of Life continues to flow “downstream” or whether less and less of it make it to its destination.
We often hear the Dead Sea described as “dead” because it only takes in water, rather than also giving it out.  And that is a good analogy too.
But recently, I have realized that the Dead Sea is also dying because less and less water is flowing into it.
When that is the case in my life, I must head “upstream” to see how my attitudes and actions are re-routing the water.  We call it repentance.  It’s not simply lamenting the moment; it’s hiking back “upstream” to see how I have altered the flow of God’s Spirit, so that less and less of it reaches me.

No comments: