Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Power under control!

I find it very easy to become unfocused when Preacher man is out of the house. I should be productive and getting tons of things done, but I would rather sit in my house coat in front of the computer and listen to the rain falling. It's not much rain, but it seems to be enough to wet the ground and cool things off a little.
I had a lovely evening last night with my buddy Anne. In case you don't remember, Anne is #1 at the Creek and I am #4. The boss lady doesn't let us work together too often and I think it's for a few reasons. I believe she likes to spread us out so everyone can have a good time instead of lettings us be together and it last for just a shift. Anne and I are sisters from a different mother. We decided last night that one of the reasons Preacher man and I are in Rogers is so the two of us would meet. I know there are a few other reasons, but it's nice to think that I have a reason for being here too.


I talked about The Reader the other day and I just can't get too far away from it cuz it's full of good stuff. The title of this semesters Reader is "The Perfect Reader" The scripture used is Be perfect as your heavenly father is perfect, hence, the Perfect Reader. Today JD was talking about meekness and I've done that before but I wanted to do it again, mainly cuz it helps me!


I looked up meek, can't seem to find meekness, strange. Meek; humbly patient or docile, as under provocation from others. overly submissive or compliant; spiritless; tame. gentle; kind. OK, got to say right off the bat, I don't agree with these meaning all that much and I will go into why in a minute. 


Meekness is something that Jesus blesses. Meek is something that Jesus showed us how to be. So why would it say spiritless? I like the picture of a stallion running at full throttle, powerful, fast, a force to be reckoned with. The master says the word, whatever it may be, and the stallion comes to a complete stop, right there on the spot! The power to keep going is still there, the force would take you a few more miles just on coast. But it's power under control. This is the meekness that I'm after!


Jesus didn't say 'Your going to be persecuted so find yourself a hole and get ready to live there!' He said as they have hated me, they will hate you (paraphrased by Kimer), so get ready to stand! That's a meekness. It's a still power that can burst forth at anytime, under the control of the Holy Spirit. I also picture our soldiers as this power under control. When they are born again soldiers...Look out!


I also believe meekness is a quality of heart. It's something that's in there and we need to bring it to the surface more than we do. The practice of meekness. It's not being silent when you know it's time to speak, it's not hiding and being run over when the bullies come out to run the world. It's that stallion, who can take off on a shot, and stop on a dime, that pure muscle that will twitch when held in check. It's power under control. It's what Christians are called to be!  

No comments: