Friday, June 17, 2011

Rattling

I am just now realizing that I am one busy person. All in all that's ok, cuz it helps to keep me out of trouble, mostly. Today, I must prepare my talk I'm giving on the care of houseplants to the homemakers association. Now don't start with me! I know that sounds really unspiritual, but my love of plants and public speaking has gotten the best of me. When asked who could give the talk, I thought, "I can't kill houseplants, surely I know how to talk about their care." so now I'm doing that on Wednesday.
I am looking forward to dinner with my friend Anne tonight. I told her we should call ahead and let them know we're coming. We tend to cause a ruckus at work, so I'm sure it will be even better when we can act like we want. 
Preacher man is laying by the pool at some hotel in San Antonio today as his classes are done. He will bring his tan butt back home tomorrow and I might go pick him up at the airport, or I might make him walk. All he ever takes me to is places like Annual Conference where I have to sit on really hard seats and listen to blah, blah, blah!
I will finally be spending time with Pat next week! It has truly been too long and we both know it. We'll meet in either Cassville or Monett MO. Judging from the map, a good time will be held by all. Little bitty places, but that's ok too.
St. Ignatius
I picked up the book SR. Rachel wanted me to read, Discovering Your Personal Vocation by Herbert Alphonso, S.J. I don't know why I'm into all these deep books. I have to rotate through them so they make sense or I'm sure my head would blow up! It's based on the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius, which is more than I care to explain right now. Google it if you want to know more. I'm intrigued by "ongoing formation." Alphonso says the heart of ongoing formation is a person's inmost resources of being, that person's unrepeatable meaning in life that is the source and secret of all ongoing formation. First off we are all unrepeatable, made by God, for His will and glory. In our inner being, we know God and we seek him. Some information is more meaningful than others, what mean's something to us, sticks to us. It's what is meaningful that grows us, because it rings true in our heart. So if we are doing things that aren't meaningful to our heart are we causing de-formation to ourself?      
   

No comments: