Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Real?

“What the world longs for from the Christian faith is the witness of men and women daring enough to be different, humble enough to make mistakes, wild enough to be burnt in the fire of love, real enough to make others see how unreal they are.”  Brennan Manning, Souvenirs of Solitude
I enjoy Brennan Manning cuz he's so real. His life has been a life in search of Jesus. I came across this quote and wanted to share it for a few reasons. To ask the question, are you daring enough to be different? Are you real enough? These two questions, if answered honestly, can change your life. There come a point when you know the truth, and it's setting you free, however you refuse to let it really change you in your heart of hearts. You keep getting in your way, don't you? I keep coming to this point, a lot. Every time I do, I come closer to being different and real. I stand in the light of God's glory and I remember what He did for me and I can stand! I don't turn around and go hide, or complain that I don't want to give that up or change the way I do that. I stand.
Sunday, Preacher man asked some hard questions of people too. Which encourages me to be worthy of what Christ did for me.
  
http://vimeo.com/24390530

No comments: