Wednesday, April 13, 2011

All

Your eyes beheld my unformed 
substance.
 In your book were written
 all the days that were formed 
for me, 
when none of them yet existed.
Ps 139:16
This is my scripture passage for the day. This gave rise to a lot of thoughts for me and through the situation that Preacher man and I find ourselves going through right now. Before there was me, there were days made with me in mind, that haven't come to pass just yet. I'm not going to get into predestination and all that could mean or might mean. I am the first to say that I do not understand all there is to know about God, but I do trust Him and believe He knows it all and is in control. Just because I understand my time doesn't mean it has anything to do with God time. With that said, I find great joy in the fact that before I was, God had a plan for me! Evelyn Underhill says it this way: The first question here, then, is not "What is best for my soul?" nor is it even "What is most useful to humanity?" But - transcending both these limited aims - what function must this life fulfil in the great and secret economy of God? What do I do with today, what is my purpose, how do I figure it out? So my question then is, how do you find out if your not spending time with God? 
God is All! He has always been and will always be All! The more I learn the more this becomes bigger in my life. As much as I want it to be all about me, that really was a life time ago wasn't it? It is All about God. His plan, His book, His way! If we would just let ourselves be drawn, at His pace and in His way, to the place that He wants us to be, not the place we fancied for ourselves, well... that would be living in Rogers AR not still in Durango CO for us. But how many times do we get ahead of God, or worse yet, don't even check in to see if we might have gotten off track. For me, bottom line is to check it with scripture. If it doesn't jive with the word of God, well it aint from God. That means living in sin even if it's half sin. That means over doing anything cuz Jesus was about moderation in all things! That's the malaise in your speech and the anger in your heart. Getting back on track is easier than we think, or we would do it more often. It All has to do with a humble heart and a willing spirit.  In this great and secret economy of God's, why wouldn't you want what He already has planned for you? 


No comments: