Thursday, March 31, 2011

Bring it!

Yet another day of no sun, oh bother! I believe my brain is starting to function on a different plane, or maybe I'm in another time zone, like on the other side of the earth!
Let me explain. I woke this morning at 2:00 with the desire to punch someone. Preacher man was too warm and I know he needs his sleep so I got out of bed to have sometime with God. See, the deal is, when you do the work of God, it makes satan and his cronies really mad. To the point that all they can do is think of how they can bad mouth you, get you fired, destroy your name, stomp on your flowers and just have a hissy fit at your expense. And make no mistake about it, my flesh knows exactly how to react and take care of this attach. However, my flesh has a new master in Jesus. While I will never be a door-mat Christian or a pacifist, I will stand firm, take what comes and know God will take care of everything! 
I gave my spiritual direction class an update on the happening of the past month, because I knew they had been praying and it's just cool to let folks know how their prayers are working in our lives. I got this reply back from Dr. Fred:
I need to remember your example the next time I find myself in a similar place.  The ability to absorb the ugliness, stand firm, and allow God to work is one of those rare, durable places in the spiritual life.
Then Preacher man just reminded me of this:
"Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake. Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you." Matthew 5:11-12

So, guess what? I am rejoicing in the fact that my reward is in heaven! I am exceedingly glad because what we do, we do for Christ's sake! 
As my long time guru of the faith has said
"Cant' Touch This!" MC Hammer



1 comment:

Preacher man said...

Thanks for not punching me this morning.lol