Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Will you join in?

While I'm sitting here on hold with TIAA-CREF, I thought I would see if I could get a blog posted before they get to me. It's all about using your time wisely isn't it? First thing I would like to say is I think all hold music should be against the law. I have never heard any that I like or helps the time pass any faster. It all makes me crazy and I just want someone to turn the crap down! Second, I think one of the best things ever invented was the speaker bottom on phones, so to whoever did that, thanks! 


I just got done reading JD Walts post for the day and he is asking everyone to pray for Steve Jobs. In case you don't know he is "Apple" and he's taking a medical leave, again. This makes you start to wonder what will happen to iEverything if he dies. I don't know the man personally, but I can tell you with all honesty, I will never own anything other than an Apple, ever! I love my Mac, I love my iPhone, I love my iTunes and iPod. In some kind of a strange way I feel like I should send Steve a get well card, but I think I'm going to do something different. See, all the money in the world can't defeat death. No really smart people can defeat death. No huge advancement in medical science can ever defeat death.


But as JD said so well There is another person, an infinitely brilliant Creative type, a man smarter than the smartest doctors, an investor more wealthy than all wealth combined, a mystic who with a single word can stupefy the most amazing technological advance imaginable, a scientist whose capacious gifts confounds science. In all the history of the world, he is the only one who can defeat death. He actually did it and said he would do it for those who place their faith in him.


“I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die.” John 11:25-26


He followed this with a question "Do you believe this?"


We are praying for Steve Jobs to believe this, will you join us?

No comments: