Monday, January 3, 2011

10th day of Christmas

I'm thinking that today is the 10th day of Christmas and isn't that something about Lords a Leaping? I really am glad that the Christmas music is done. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy it durning the season, but when you work in a store that has a CD sent from head quarters and must be played and it repeats ever 3 hours... well, it's time to move on. Only two more day's of Christmas left, wonder what I'll do after that.


Something that I've gotten from two places I want to share with you. They are the Bible and my Running magazine, two of my fav's! As you may know, and if you don't it's because you don't follow me very much, I have been down on myself pretty hard lately! I'm not motivated to run, I've gained weight, I can't sleep, I'm grumpy and want to know when my turn in the sun will happen. I reluctantly picked up Runner's World the other night and began to thumb through the pages of what I thought would be pictures and articles about how wonderful this time of year is for running, or some such crap. In fact, I haven't looked through this magazine in months because I was afraid of feeling even worse about myself. But there it was, an article about how we should be taking it easy on ourself during the winter. How everyone has a hard time with the cold and gaining weight and to stop being so hard on ourselves and just get outside and move. 


So I got to thinking, why am I making so much out of all this? It's because I want to have control of something in my life. Something, anything! Wait a minute, have I not learned that I need to humble myself and live my life for Christ? That He needs to be the one in control? Then I open up the Bible and there it is, My plans are not your plans! 


When Jacob was traveling he moved slowly so as to take it easy on the cattle and children. He had gone down the road before and knew how hard it was. Jesus has been down all my roads before and knows how long and hard and dry they are. When He got tired, he rested, even if everyone else wanted him to push on. So maybe I need to just chill and do what I can do and be OK with it. This month is so full of trainings and meetings and work that I pray I have time to blog. So here's what I'm going to do today: go for a run without my Garmin! I'm going to just go and run for as long as I want. I won't time it out to 6 minutes of running followed by a minute of walking. I'm going to just go get in the sun and run. Yes, it's 27 degrees outside, but it's something I want to do, not something I feel pressured to do. Besides, I'm looking for God in everything and I want to see Him out there today.

No comments: