Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Tree Skirt!

Sorry about not blogging yesterday, I've already heard about it from my folks! The district boss lady came down for Coldwater and April asked me to come in early. What I find so funny is I must have moved up the ladder without knowing it. All four of the managers were there yesterday and Anne and I were the only lowly sales associates. I know Anne is good and I was there and not Elian, who is the my arch enemy. That is another story for a time when I have nothing else to talk about. Let me tell you, she drives me crazy! So anyway, that's why I didn't blog yesterday.


Yazi under the tree skirt!
I'm starting to freak out about Christmas and I'm sure it will make you feel more normal if I share what's going on in my house with you. Yazi, who is the cat, is about 14 years old. He was raised by a dog, raised a dog, was a friend of Fred that cat that came with the house in Wilmore and has moved about 5 times in his life. When he was young he was mean as a snake but would always catch live critters and bring them home to me. He use to love getting under the newspaper and taking naps. He has always acted like he loves Christmas. What I really think happens is he believes we put the tree up for him and that all the shiny hanging things are for him to play with. Preacher man and I will be sitting at the table and we'll hear something jiggling in the tree. It's Yazi playing with ornaments. When he see that you're watching him, he starts looking around as if to be looking with you for where the noise is coming from. Sneaky cat.


Preacher man was talking with Ann, the coordinator of the Call, who had been talking to their lawyer or something. She asked Preacher man when we were going to be able to get kids in the house. Now mind you this is a week before Christmas, which just about broke my heart and sent me into orbit. He told her about February, cuz we have to go through the training, pass the back ground checks and fix the house. They have a set of twins, a boy and a girl that are 7 and a sister that's 4, that are needing to get somewhere. Ann also told Preacher man that they were out of control because they have no structure in their lives. We may not have beds to put kids,but one thing we do have is structure! Nancy, one of my managers, is giving us a full size bed. Isn't that sweet? We want to be able to sleep three with a possible fourth if the need is there. That's one bed down and two twins to go. I asked Preacher man why they were asking since we had said we wanted older kids. He told me he didn't think it really mattered what you wanted, it was more about what they had and what you had room for. So that's got me hanging from the ceiling a little!


I have listened to my review for the final and I don't know when the heck I'm going to have time to take it this week. I have Bunko on Thursday and dinner for 8 on Friday, work...wait, I get Friday off! I will take my final on the last day I can, Friday! I will have to write three essay's that are about a page long, answer true and false, multipliable choice, fill in the blank and short answer. I am also reading as fast as I can the book for spiritual direction, so I can write that paper and send it in before the end of the month. I also have to go shopping for food so I can feed the family when they get here, sometime next week. We have to get boxes out of the bedrooms so we can blow up beds so we have a place for everyone to sleep. I think I'm going to crawl under the tree skirt with the cat!     

No comments: