Monday, August 2, 2010

Not Much!

I went out this morning to run, and I gotta tell ya, it's just about too hot to even move out there. I left the house at 5:30, and thought about turning around and coming right back in. I talked to a man at church this morning, and he said at 5:00, it was 76 degrees. Oh my gosh! I had forgotten how crazy hot and humid August is in the south. I did go for a run but didn't go as far as I have been. Last week I averaged 3.3 miles but almost died at 2.6 today. Do you know what comes to mind when I start complaining about how hot it is? How cold it's going to be this winter. Everything that I've read about the perfect temperature to run in says 45 degrees. Has something to do with regulating your body temperature. All I know is it's too dang hot out there to run.
I've got an interview tomorrow at 2:30 with the University of Arkansas. As much as I'd like the idea of having a real job sometimes, this would be seasonal—football season. The job would be to usher for the home games. There are five games, and you have to commit to all five. Well, when I filled out the application, I could make all five. Now I have a class on the last one in October. So we'll see what they say tomorrow. 
Sorry I don't have much to say today that is worthwhile. I guess I'll go do some laundry and see if I can get into any trouble.

No comments: