Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Animal Day's!

They sold over $141,000 of stuff at the bookstore yesterday, and today, they wanted to break $168,000. I don't know if it's going to happen, and right now, I just don't care. I posted on Facebook that I'm parking at Harp's and walking up the biggest hill on campus to get to work. So coming down to the parking lot was a lot better than going up this morning. 
I got up and ran this morning, after skipping yesterday because my feet hurt from all the standing I'm doing. I'm running behind our house in a neighborhood that seems pretty safe. That is, until this morning, when I was on the start of the run. I like to keep a lookout for stuff while I'm running in the dark. I want to make sure that if I'm going into a ditch that I know about it ahead of time. This morning, there was a strange smell hanging in the air around parts of the neighborhood but not all of it. As I was listening to some random song, out of the corner of my vision, I saw something running out from under a truck in someone’s driveway. With a scream that could have come from a little girl, I yelled and stopped dead in my track for a total for 2.8 seconds. The possum heard me, looked my way, turned around and jogged off back under the truck. Now I'm sure I scared him more than he scared me, because I don't think he had an iPod on.
So I made it home in one piece and started getting ready to go to work. As I was coming out of the bathroom, hair fixed and coffee in hand, I turned off the light in the bathroom, which meant I was traveling through the bedroom in the dark. I knew better, really I did, but NO, I had to push the animal envelope today for some reason. As I tripped and fell out into the hall, the coffee went everywhere, and I landed on my knees, saying some choice words about dogs. Sam was fine, although I had hurt his feelings and had to make nice before I could clean up the coffee and get out of the house.  
I went to handbells last night, and I'm off to choir tonight, and all I really want to do is have a glass of wine. I think I'm too busy to work. So what did I do after I got back into Rogers? I dropped off an application at Coldwater Creek! Am I ever going to learn?

1 comment:

Lee Ryan said...

I had a close-encounter with a skunk once very early in the morning in Maine. My mind had been wandering and then I saw the little-guy with the white stripe. That got my attention!