Thursday, July 8, 2010

Stuff


Today's blog is going to be a hodgepodge of stuff to get you up to date with what's going on around here. To start off with, I must take issue with Earl & Pearl Squirrel, who have a new friend, Rosco. Before we left for church last night, I looked out the bedroom window and thought I saw one of them on the feeder. As I looked closer, I saw that the lid to the feeder had been taken off and a squirrel was inside the feeder. I mean his whole body was in there, and he was going to town eating the seeds out of the corners of a round feeder. The worst part is this is a squirrelproof feeder called the No-No Feeder. Needless to say, I am regrouping and rethinking this whole bird-feeding thing.
We had a "Pops in the Park" at church last night. I'm confused about the name, but what's in a name anyway? It was a huge potluck with singing that is held outside the church if the weather is good. Well, we've been getting rain every afternoon, so we were in the church, which is fine with me. Fewer bugs to deal with. Our senior pastor, Carness, introduced Alex and me and had us stand by the door so we could meet people as they were leaving. I was asked nine times if I sang, and the invitation to join the prayer shawl gals is still open. I found out who was in charge of the women’s ministry, and it's the mom of the sweet gal that has taken care of our herd. So I talked briefly with Denise, and we are going to connect soon and see what's up. I really am excited about this! 
I am also trying to make heads or tails out of getting certified in spiritual formation. There is this cool opportunity through Perkins (SMU) to become certified, and they are offering an off-campus program, and it happens to be at Mt. Eagle, here in Arkansas. I will be putting some calls into Perkins today to see what I can find out and also to Lu at Mt Eagle. This promises to be an information overload day, I can tell already.
The icing on the cake this week happened yesterday, when Alex came home from his first day of hospital visits. He walked in, and I asked him how it went, and he said, "I just love my job! I get to visit with people and pray for them!" I gotta tell you, in more than 17 years of being with this man, I don't think I have ever heard him say those words. It made my heart happy.
Among these things, I'm thinking about mowing the yard, cleaning the carpet and doing my nails. Oh, I almost forgot: I need to work on getting some more boxes unpacked. I have been enjoying my first real week as a domestic goddess and think I might be able to get use to this. I don't know how I used to work full time and get this stuff done. Oh that's right—I didn't!

No comments: