Saturday, June 5, 2010

Presence


I’ve been thinking about the glory of God and seeking His presence, which Steve Seamands says are the same thing. The New Jewish Version of the Old Testament often uses the word presence to translate the Hebrew word kabod (glory). So we are to seek God's presence/glory, and I was wondering if you did that every day or just on Sundays? For me, I start out real strong, but then the world gets to me. I am glad to at least start, though. We are to separate out ourselves to seek God's presence, and then we are to expand and include. It's almost like we have to get with God before we get with others. When a group of people do this, then come together, the presence of the Lord is thick, and the glory can be felt. I encourage you to seek God daily so that you can be in His kadod.
On to simpler things. We met the old associate pastor last night. They told us he would come by and introduce himself to us, and he did. It was a little strange, but we lived through it. My prayer is that we would hear from the people and keep our mouths shut for a while. This is getting harder to do as they all want to know about us. I am loving telling the stories of Alex and Kim but find that I'm not getting into the deep stuff yet. Those of you who know me understand that this is where I operate from, but I don't want to scare them off. So I am working on listening and really hearing what is being said. I want to do what Laura Beach said, to hover as the spirit hovers. 
We are working in the backyard today and still don't know what to do with all the branches we cut off trees yesterday. Alex put the mower together yesterday and fired that baby off. A huge cloud of smoke came out as the oil started burning off from it being packed in a funny position. I think Alex did a great job of smoking out the sketters. There’s a lot to do, and on top of that, we pack for Annual Conference and leave tomorrow. I will try and blog from there but don't know if I'll have time. Alex will be commissioned on Tuesday, so I have to get that robe pressed!

No comments: