Monday, June 14, 2010

Early Morning!

The lovely clock in my head had me up at 2:30 this morning, which I find amusing as the time in Wilmore was 3:30 which is about right. I tossed and turned for an hour and decided it was better to just get up and see if God had anything to say to me. Don't ask me why I can't hear from Him while I'm lying in bed, but I seem to have to get up and go to the office. I started praying for Pat, who is leaving today for Israel (wish I was going with her!), Peg, who I believe is down in FL with her granddaughter, and the closing on our house that should be happening sometime today. Denise went over there this weekend to dig up St Joe, so we should be seeing him arrive in the mail pretty soon. That's when it started to come together in small pieces for me. At Alex's commissioning, the sermon was about our calling as part of the priesthood of all believers. Yesterday, I could hear God saying "Do you hear me? I'm calling you. Everyday to live for me, to do my will." My issue is I feel like I need a little more information. However, I am reading two books right now (yeah I can't do one at a time). "Holiness of heart and life" By Steve Seamands and "The way of the heart" by Henri Nouwen. What seems to be sticking out for me is seeking God and His will in solitude. Steve says "God's holiness is his glorious radiance. So we are to be a people open to God's presence and always seeking it." I like that! So that's what I got from God this morning, then I went out for a run.
Here are a few random thoughts I came up with this morning. If it's 77 degrees yet feels like 80, with an 82% humidity, will I be running in thick air or rain? What in the world was sleeping on the back porch this morning? Yes Alex, I will be turning the light on before I let the dogs out in the dark or morning. Why does the bank down the street have neon red lights around the roof? It always rains when I want to get something done outside. How big is a humid air mass, and where does it come from? I can tell I'm back in the south cuz I feel the thickness of the air. Oh Bother.

1 comment:

redheadbeck said...

Oh me too!!! I can't read one book at a time either!!! I thought I was the only one!!! I'm reading your suggested, "The Gift of Being Yourself" author escapes me at the moment and "The Choice," by Nicholas Sparks!!

Please pray for our 1st United Methodist kiddos as they start Vacation Bible School tonight!! I'm a "floater"

Love you!