Monday, June 28, 2010

Accessor



Got out of bed this morning and decided it was time to see about running again. The sunburn is now peeling, so it doesn't hurt. It just itches! Did the four-minute-run-one-minute-walk-fast thing and went for 20 minutes. Still can't figure out what's wrong with the Garmin, so I don't know how far I went. Maybe 80 miles! Alex is wanting to start walking again, so we took out and went all the way to the fire station on 24th (we are at 40th). Ended up being close to two miles, so we felt good about that. So good that we cleaned up and went up to the assessor’s office, wanting to give the state of Arkansas money for us owning three vehicles. Alex and I have lived in Kansas, Arizona, Colorado, Tennessee, Kentucky and now Arkansas, and by far, the most expensive place to own a car is Colorado and the least is Arkansas. Wonder if that has anything to do with the quality of roads?
Anyway, I digress. While we were in Colorado, you had the choice of one kind of license plate, or you could go custom. Here in Arkansas, there are so many to pick from it's crazy. So that started us thinking about which one we wanted for which trucks (we don't own any cars), because we already knew we wanted an antique for the ‘82 Jeep. We ended up with the ASU Red Wolves for the Ford and the UA Razorbacks for the Chevy. My only issue is that I have a hard time with the red wolf thing because when I was going to school there, we were the "Jumppin Joes," which is politically incorrect now. I'm thinking of trying to find one of my old shirts or a sticker from over 25 years ago and putting it over the wolf and see if anyone notices. I bet you a dime to a dollar that no one on this side of the state would even notice. 
I read one of the blogs that I follow today, and he was talking about how you could tell it was summer with all the kids running everywhere. I just wanted to add that I know it's summer when we get to have BLTs every day for lunch because the tomatoes have come into season. Nothing makes bacon taste any better than a ripe tomato.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

2 mile no way I'm sure it was closer to 80 ;-0