Thursday, May 6, 2010

Plants

My peonies started opening up yesterday! I was going to take a picture of my iris' but the wind was pretty hard on them, so I'll see how they fair today. I also saved some daisy's from the trash pile at Lowe's. Pat and I went to find her some plants and I couldn't just leave these pretty baby's to get trashed. Needless to say Alex wasn't to happy about more plants to move, but you know, he's gotten kind of use to me and my plants. When we left Durango I had to give away a truck load of my huge house plants or we would have needed another truck to just transport them. You think I'm pulling your leg, just ask my momma, she had to help me transport them! 
We have a full couple of day's ahead of us. Alex has three more meetings of class to get through. We have chapel today followed by lunch with Tony Holifield, Alex's mentor and the pastor of the church in Fayetteville, then I go to class and to my last Weight Watchers meeting. Did I tell you that's my job? Then tomorrow I go for my last spiritual direction with Laura Beach and the Healing Academy has been asked to pray for folks at our President's retreat in Lexington, so I'll go do that. We packed up half of the basement yesterday and put it out in the shed so we can load it easier, and frankly I am tired today! We are also waiting on the inspection for the house, which is a VA and you know how fast the government moves, and that is enough to push me over the edge. So Alex graduates in 16 day and we pull out of town in 20. It's so hard to believe that it's coming to a close, it even feels unreal. I keep waiting for someone to tell us that Alex really has three more semesters instead of three more class days. I guess it's that other shoe that I'm waiting on to fall. But God is faithful and one of his promises is "Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you...Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will exalt you." James 4:8 & 10. So Lord, Here I am!     

No comments: