Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Another day in Gods hand!


Day number two of the Recovery Run Rehabilitation Program went well this morning. I awoke at 4 a.m., which is an hour later than normal lately, and lay there praying for my sister. As the alarm went off at 5:05, I rolled out of bed to check on Gracie, who slept outside so we would have no more surprises. I really love the mornings. I know I've said that before, but if you’re not a morning person, you really should give it a try. It's before most folks are outside. I understand the whole work thing and the issues of having to get ready, but it's so worth the time to go sit outside and have a cup of coffee in the dark and just listen.
Yesterday in Holy Spirit class, Steve gave us a really great quote that he has been hanging on to for more than twenty years: "God always gives the best to those who leave the choice to Him." Isn't that great? So I thought about that today on my morning run. We really are fine going anywhere that God calls us to go, cuz we feel blessed to be going to Arkansas to be closer to family. But when you start thinking about the parts of Arkansas and which are growing and which are not, who can afford a preacher and who can't, it becomes clear real quickly where you don't want to go. Even if we don't want to go, if that's where God is calling us, that's where we're going, and we both know that, and we're OK with it most of the time. So the choice really is up to God, and we really do believe that He is in charge of our steps, no matter where they go. So knowing that, we also know that He will give us the best possible appointment. Can it really be that simple? Yeah, it can, and it is. It isn't always easy. But simple? Yeah! 
So today we go on to phone interviews and all that that holds. I really am glad that it's Alex doing this and not me. I told him this morning on our walk (after my run) that I was his color. Not that he's black-and-white and I'm color, but that I bring more color to him and his experiences. I like being the color commentator and he can be the play-by-play. So people, on my run this dark morning, as I was thinking about God and His best, I ran 1.03 in 10:32! Broke a small sweat, felt no pain, enjoyed the robins singing their little hearts out and let God love me! Bring it God! When you’re ready, bring it!

No comments: