Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Call to action


I'm not sure if it's only a handful of us feeling the pull to be somewhat in control of the turns our lives take or not, but I'm feeling really out of sorts all the way down to the core of my being. The turn this country is taking breaks my heart! The turn the church is making boils my blood. And I know deep in my heart that the vast majority of us really do care for each other, we are just so stinking' scared to do anything, afraid it will be wrong and we'll get killed.

I told preacher man I want to do something. I'm not sure what it should be, but I want to do something. Now hold on, not that kind of crazy, but maybe go to the square in town with a sign that says "I care, I pray and I hug". Just spend a hot July day out there in it. 

If it breaks my heart, I know it's breaking God's! Love your neighbor as yourself.... Or at least try. 

So, I'm not sure what to do at this point. I feel the call to action, but that action is about love. I wonder if anyone else feels the call to help heal the hurt?

Peace~


No comments: