Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Forgive!

Do you have unforgiveness in your heart? Is it justified? How long have you been holding on to it? 

I'm going to bet that if we are truly honest with ourselves, we have to answer yes! I feel like I'm always in a state of forgiving, or at least trying. When you think about it, facing responsibility and forgiving people are really two sides of the same coin. 

The reason some people have never been able to forgive is that if they forgive, the last rug would be pulled out from under them and they would have no one to blame. Think about that for a minute. If we forgive, who do we blame for our short comings? Our attitudes? Being over weight?

Facing responsibility and forgiving are almost the same action; in some instances you need to do them simultaneously. Jesus made it very plain that no healing occurs until there is deep forgiveness.


Does it happen overnight? Is it easy? If it were easy, everybody would be doing it! In fact, I don't know that we do it, we allow Jesus to come into our lives and do it through us. We allow or ask Jesus to do it. I have said on many occasions: Jesus, I can't forgive them, but I want to! Help me! Show me how, or just do it in me! It starts to happen. When we allow the true healer to do his work in us, we are truly healed.     

No comments: