Saturday, February 11, 2012

Religious Freedom?

I have to say that I'm thinking about giving up on this country and moving to an Island somewhere, where I can be my own boss and think and believe what I want without having to deal with the lovely and insightful USA government. I used to believe in them like I believe in Christ. Maybe that's why it hurts so much to hear the news, and see what that madman is trying to pull. 


Religious freedom is what he is trying to get rid of. Christ, God, all of it. He's trying to be sneaky and Christians are hiding their heads in the sand and saying things like, "If it doesn't touch me I don't care." Thats what we said about Hitler and Japan, right before Pearl Harbor.


Do you know what's going on? Are you staying informed, doing research, sharing what you find? Asking the hard questions? Or are you waiting for the powers that be to fix everything? I hate to say it, but things they are a changin'! 


Dr. Tim Tennent puts it beautifully in his blog. (Click on his name) 


My thought is this: I was reading this morning about Jesus and the money changers in the temple. (John 2:13-22) When are we going to get that full of zeal that we start doing something about what they are trying to do to our way of praising God? Could I do it? Are we called to be like Jesus even when it makes us look crazy?


I believe we are! Or better said, I believe I am. I stand with our Catholic brothers and sisters on this issue that is in the headlines. Will it make me popular? I don't think so, but Jesus keeps telling me my job is to be true, not popular! 

No comments: