Monday, September 26, 2011

Born at the Wrong time!

I have come to the conclusion that I was born in the wrong time. Way too late as I see it. Maybe I would have done better to be dead already so life wouldn't have to drive me so dang crazy. Now, I haven't always felt this way, it just seems to be sneaking up on me now that I'm older and wish I had known all this stuff I know now when I was like 12.

I follow a few blogs and if you are to ask me why, I might say so that my blog is better for it. But I think the main reason is to stay current and relevant. Wait a minute, let me think about what I'm trying to say here. OK, strike that, reverse it! Now that should read the main reason I do is so I can scream at the top of my lungs when I see something wrong!

Hey Church! I gotta question for you. Who renamed the sanctuary into the worship center? When did it become OK to wear hats in doors (Preacher man use to do this a lot) Why don't men hold doors for women anymore? Who said it was OK to bring coffee into the sanctuary? How come children aren't being taught how to act in worship? These are things I never even questioned when I was growing up. I was seen and not heard, in theory anyway. I sat in big church for a whole hour, stood when I was suppose to and I learned to sing songs from a hymnal with music, not words on a wall. 


In talking with Preacher man about this it seems that we have lost our fear of God or maybe it's better to say we are not reverent anymore. There isn't that deep respectfulness that there once was and I don't know why we lost it. Now I'm not saying that we shouldn't meet people where they are. I think that has always been a great missionary heart thing to do. What I'm saying is when you ask someone into your home, you don't let them run a muck do you? I sure don't! You can ask my family about that! I believe we have done these 'youngens' a huge dis-service by not showing them the ropes and make them walk the line. Jesus never said "If it feels good do it!" He said "Narrow is the road that leads to life eternal"! So why is it ok to let your children run around like wild animals when I'm trying to worship the creator of the universe? Isn't that what they have that play thing in McDonald's for? Someone help me with this, please! Is it because we started bringing in youth pastors that have no theological training and said, "Dude loves our youth and I don't have to deal with them anymore! You got the job!" We are calling everyone that works for the church a pastor, and we wonder why the theology of our beloved denomination is going by the way side. Do Methodist even know who John Wesley was? Do they care? Or was I born at the wrong time?         

1 comment:

Dustin said...

Amen sister! That has been my complaint for a long time now. Unfortunately, it's the entire society we live in. Few people dress properly for any event; fewer still know how to behave appropriately.