Wednesday, January 26, 2011

New Chapter!

Guess what I did yesterday? I rejoined Weight Watchers, but I did it on line this time, cuz Lord knows I don't have time to go to meetings. The coolest part is "there's an app for that!" So now I can track everything when I'm not sitting at my computer. I'm so excited about this. I got on the scales yesterday and had gained yet more weight. I have put on 20 pounds since leaving Wilmore and that is just not ok with me. So now your going to be hearing about that for a while. I found a great recipe today and I want to share it with you, so here it is!


Chicken with Balsamic Vinegar, Sweet Onions and Thyme
PointsPlus™ Value: 5
Servings: 4
Preparation Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 20 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy

The sweet onions deliciously balance the acidity of the vinegar sauce. Sautéed or steamed spinach would be great on the side.

Ingredients
3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp table salt, divided
1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground, divided
1 pound(s) uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast, four 4 oz pieces
2 tsp olive oil
1 small vidalia onion(s), cut in half lengthwise, thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
1 cup(s) reduced-sodium chicken broth
2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 Tbsp thyme, fresh, chopped, or less to taste
2 tsp butter

Instructions
1. On a plate, combine flour, 1⁄2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Dredge chicken in flour mixture and turn to coat; shake off any excess.
2. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, flipping once, until golden and cooked through, about 7 minutes; remove to a serving plate and cover to keep warm.
3. Add onion to skillet; sauté over medium-high heat until lightly browned, about 4 minutes. Add broth, vinegar, thyme and remaining 1⁄4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook, stirring often, until onions are tender, about 5 minutes.
4. Remove skillet from heat and stir in butter until melted; spoon sauce over chicken. Yields 1 chicken breast and about 1/4 cup onion sauce per serving.



I added garlic, but I alway do. It was yummy! So that's all I'm going to say about that.


Oh, I'm also starting to walk the dogs in the afternoon, mainly cuz Gracie is driving me crazy by following me around everywhere. I took the day off today, thought I was going to go in for an interview with Preacher man about church planting, but it didn't happen. He's been at this conference this week and basically he's been a little disappointed. He was hoping to learn new and exciting things, but this has been a review from seminary and a lot of small group time which drives him crazy. Instead of being interviewed, I went to the store and got some food, cleaned about half the house, took the dogs for a walk, and made this yummy dinner. 


I'm hoping joining WW will be like turning a page, or starting a new chapter. I'm done with the past stuff, time to move on and shake some things up!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

So do you like the new program? I have been looking into it and it seems like I'll only get 20 points per day. Yeah I know you get the extra 49ish per week. Not too motivated. Did eat 4 servings of fruit today though.
Hang in there with the UM thing. Can be frustrating but God will use you and PM in His timing for His purpose. Yeah friend I'm telling you to chill and wait upon the Lord. Love ya pal.