Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Day Off!

I have the day off and it's a good thing because I have a list as long as my arm to take care of today. I started off by taking the dogs for their walk and I almost lost them! Not literally lost them, but the fog was so thick this morning I could hardly see them. The moon however was in fine full form as it recovers from the total eclipse of itself last night! I got my paper written for the book Seeking God in all Things and I'm waiting on Alex to proof it. Then it's off to Dr. Fred it goes. A pretty good book, a little heady in spots but all in all I gleaned some good stuff from it. Next month book is Spiritual Direction and the Care of Souls  by Gary Moon and David Benner. Love David Benner anyway and have already gone through the book once for class at Asbury, so I'm hoping to get through this one rather fast. Knowing Benner I will have to stop and rethink things cuz Lord knows he makes you think!


I am preparing for my family to come blowing in here one of these days. Dee and her kids will be here Friday afternoon, still don't know when mom and dad will arrive. Preacher man and I are clearing out the spare rooms of boxes and putting them in the garage. We are now beginning to look like everyone else that has a garage for holding crap instead of cars! I'm going to move my desk out into our bedroom so as to make room for foster kids one of these days. I will miss the sun coming in the window and warming me up, but not the traffic that screams by. I look forward to the view of the backyard with my garden, bird feeder and bath. I'll be able to keep up with Pearl and Earl Squirrel better and I know that makes you all happy. 


I wanted to share a quote from Max Lucado with you from his book When God Whispers Your Name:
If our greatest need had been information, God would have sent an educator. If our greatest need had been technology, God would have sent a scientist. If our greatest need had been money, God would have sent an economist. But since our greatest need was forgiveness, God sent us a Savior!   

No comments: