Friday, December 31, 2010

7th day of Christmas!

Me with running mask!
On the 7th day of Christmas our weather has taken a strange turn. It's 62 degrees and we have tornado warnings all over the place! And yet here I sit, at the computer looking out my window trying to figure out how I'm going to feed the birds with all that water and mud between me and the bird feeder. I must say if my true love Preacher man does bring me 7 swan's they will be able to swim in the back yard!

One of the blogs I follow called come sit by my fire has some advice she will be leaving for her daughter, and I thought that at the end of the year I would pass along some of my own advice. Take it or leave it, but here it is:



  • Wear sunscreen. I am living proof that brown fat looks better than white fat, but dark spots and wrinkles are here to stay.
  • Make eye contact and speak up clearly. Don't mumble at your iPhone sitting in your lap when a real person is in front of you.
  • Drink water and not soda's. Lots and lots of just plain water.
  • Keep a journal. It's always a great lesson to see where you've been and how you got there.
  • Either pay cash or pay the card off at the end of the month. Being debt free is a gift from God, but you have to control yourself.
  • Look for God working in all things. If you can't find Him, your not taking time to look!
  • Laugh, then laugh and laugh some more. It is so good for you and the world around you.
  • Always give your employer more than what they pay you for.
  • Come to a complete stop at stop signs.
  • Learn something new everyday. 
  • Work hard, play hard and get enough sleep.
  • Always be the first to forgive.
  • Run facing traffic. You will be able to jump in a ditch and not get run over!
  • Put your stuff up, not just on the table. Hard thing for me to do, but I'm working on it.
  • Don't be afraid of what you believe.
  • Speak the truth in love, always!
  • If you can't afford it, don't buy it!
  • Don't be so hard on your self about your weight. Get off your butt and do something.
  • Keep in contact with your friends.
  • Tithe
  • Eat bacon. It's yummy and helps the hog farmers out!


So there you have it, some of the Preacher's wife advice. I would also like to add that just because you have space in your calendar does not mean that you have to fill it with something. Good grief, will I even learn that one? Oh, Preacher man and I would like to let you know it's not wise to go out on amateur night ( New Year's eve) so keep your butts at home! See ya next year!

No comments: