Monday, September 27, 2010

Learn


We are still licking our wounds here in NW Arkansas after the Tide came in and the Hogs forgot how to swim. Working this game was not nearly as fun as working the first one on the field had been. In fact, it pretty well bit the big one. We were stationed outside the stadium and didn't see any of the game until we went onto the field in the 4th quarter. They have us go onto the field to prevent people from rushing the field. So you tell me, if we had beat Alabama, do you think a lot of people in yellow smocks would have stopped those people? That's what I thought. I won't be able to make another game until we play our last home game against UTEP, and I may not do that one cuz it's going to be cold by then. Anyway, I can add this to the huge list of jobs I've had in my life.
My new issue is discerning if I need to get a real job or not. I have spent the day weighing the pros and cons of working again, and I'm split down the middle. I found something in the paper for an assistant director at the student union on the U of A campus. It's calling to me, and my heart wants to work, but I want to be in ministry. Needless to say, I think it's costing more money than I'm making being employed by Coldwater. However, I have some sharp looking clothes. Alex thinks it's not going to hurt to get my resume brushed up, but that kind of thing makes me crazy. I will do it, but I think I'll wait until tomorrow. I need to read some bible study stuff and get ready for that this evening. I have to write my interview paper for Polity, and I need to get supper going if we're going to eat tonight. Oh yeah, and I got a new book last week: Opening to God Lectio Divina and Life as Prayer by David Benner. I'm a Benner junky, so I can't wait to get at this book. I will be letting you know how it is. 
Just not a lot going on. Alex will be preaching at the 8:30 service this coming Sunday, and I will be playing handbells at 11. I am thinking I took on too much when I said yes to the bells. I'm stressing more than enjoying, and I don't do well when that happens. Oh well, you live and you learn. 

No comments: