Friday, July 16, 2010

Tree Bored


I'm thinking I need to stay off of Facebook until I get all my boxes unpacked. I'm tired of reading about all these women who have already unpacked everything, and they left seminary a month after we did. What are you, neat freaks or just totally controlling? Or maybe just organized, huh? Well, I'm a freak. I'm working on my controlling issues, and I am so not organized.
It was so funny when Alex called me yesterday from work. He asked me how I was doing. I told him I was bored out of my tree. Which I am. "Tired of unpacking boxes?" he asked. Oh good grief, do you really think I'm doing that? I don't have anywhere to put the books I have already unpacked. We don't own a desk anymore, and I need one desperately to put stuff into. So I get on Facebook, and I see where the unpacking is done for some of my so-called friends. Whatever! Come to my house and try to unpack and put up! I'd rather be out mowing the yard. So yesterday, that's what I did.
Back to Alex’s and my conversation about being bored out of my tree. He also asked if I was ready to volunteer somewhere. Hmmm, I don't know. How do you know if you’re ready to volunteer? VOLUNTEER! You don't get paid to volunteer! So after the shock of thinking about volunteering wore off, I sent an e-mail to a gal in our church who needs help picking tomatoes at the community garden. I haven't heard back from her yet, but I could pick tomatoes and deliver then to Grace UMC, which is where I think there's a food pantry. Don't want to bite off more than I can chew. You know how I am. Next thing you know I can't take care of Alex, and he's eating frozen dinners because I'm too busy VOLUNTEERING!
 
I also found out that our churchyard is taken care of by volunteers. It is one huge yard too. So I'm thinking of calling the dude that's in charge of that, cuz I think they have a hard time finding people young enough to get out in the heat. I have a wide-brimmed hat, and if it's a rider, then woo hoo! Look out church yard; here I come! So while I'm contemplating that, I'm also praying about starting a prayer ministry and what that would/should look like. I'm going to take some time next week and just dream about that. Alex will be gone on his pastor's retreat Monday ‘til Wednesday, so I should be able to take that time and dream some stuff up. But today, no dreaming as Gracie goes to get stitches out and Alex has an eye appointment. I bet he will be getting glasses. Know why? Cuz while seminary changes your heart it also ruins your eyes!

No comments: