Saturday, July 10, 2010

Things


I found out yesterday after talking with Lu that getting certified in spiritual direction isn't the same thing as getting certified in spiritual formation. Formation is bigger, and direction is included within the formation. I got my letter back from the General Board of Higher Education & Ministry (GBHEM), confirming that they had received my enrollment form and that I have been enrolled in professional certification in spiritual formation. I got a copy of the required educational stuff I need to sign up for and take, and I also saw that I have 10 years to finish this, which it very well may take.
So this is my thought: I will try and get into this spiritual direction program at Mt. Eagle. If that happens, then I know this is what God wants me to do, as there are only two spots left open and the deadline for registration is the end of the month. If I don't get in, I will start somewhere else and see it as what God wants from me. I'm somewhat disappointed, because I thought it would be simpler than this. On the other hand, I don't know why that surprises me. Most stuff is tougher for me. I am trying to discern if God wants and needs me to be a deacon or if the professional certification is the way He wants me to go. The way I'm seeing it right now, I want the churches backing, which I will have with either one. I am under Alex's umbrella, so I don't have to be a deacon to find work. It will be in the church. But it looks like the certification program is all the work of a master’s without the master’s. So I will keep praying about this one.
On a side note, Alex moved the feeder yesterday to hang from a tree that is out away from the tree, and I think this might be working. This morning, I didn't see Pearl, Earl or Roscoe hanging from the feeder. We have gotten so much rain that they may have floated away, but I think that's wishful thinking.
Alex preaches all three services tomorrow at church, and I'm starting to get nervous. We are so in a different place than we were five years ago. Who would have thought it?

No comments: