Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Do you hear what I don't?

Do I stay or do I go? Do I be or do I be about being in the active state of doing? My goodness life is but an adventure that can't really be experienced while docked at shore now can it? The best laid plans of mice and men and I think I'm a mouse looking at some cheese in a thingy with a spring. So now that I have you on the edge of your seat trying to figure this posting out, let me tell you something that came to me this morning in devotional time. This whole threshold/doorway thing has really been in my face! It all comes down to waiting, but not too long, stepping out but not too soon, and listening to the still small voice that sometimes is loud as thunder. Easy huh? 
We leave this Friday to head off to Rogers to find a place to live, while our house still sits unsold and with no contract. We had the makings for a contingency plan, that included the family that wanted to move here in June and loved our house. However, we found out yesterday that their church is giving him a job and going to pay for him to go to Asbury on line so they won't be coming. Dang those mice and men plans anyway!
I am learning more and more that my plans are not Gods - sometimes it happens that way - wait, no, it never happens that way. I didn't want to work for the soup kitchen, I didn't want to come to Asbury or be a preachers wife. But yet here I am and there I was, right where God wanted me. However, I would like to point out that I feel like God calls me to step out into the water before he parts it! I really think God works in and for us in the way that really works for us. He does call me to wait - but more often than not he calls me to step out in faith - action - because that's how he put me together. I said no to the soup kitchen and that lasted six months before God won out. I said no to Asbury and that lasted about four months and God won out again. I keep looking and listening for what and where he is calling me to so I can step out there. I know he knows that, I also believe sometimes that is why he waits to show me...because off I will go.

No comments: